Zig Ziglar Quick Facts:
Born: November 6, 1926 (Coffee County, Alabama, US)
Died: November 28, 2012 (aged 86) in Plano, Texas, US
Other names: Hilary Hinton Ziglar
Alma mater: University of South Carolina
Occupation: Salesman, motivational speaker, author
Spouse: Jean Ziglar (married 1946–2012, his death)
Children: Suzan Ziglar Witmeyer (died 1995), Tom Ziglar, Cindy Ziglar Oates, Julie Ziglar Norman
Zig Zigler was born in Alabama in 1926. In his early years he lived on farms in the Mississippi area before serving in the United States Navy during World War II.
After his college training he worked as a salesman for successive companies before before becoming involved in performance training in the late 60’s and early 1970’s.
Zig Zigler is one of America’s most influential speaker, motivational teacher, trainer and encourager. He believed that everyone could be, do and have more. His aim was to help people see and achieve just what he believed.
Zig Zigler reached many people, some would say millions, I saw estimation in an article that he has reached around 250 million people. He achieved this through being an author (he wrote around 30 books with many of these books making the best-seller lists) and presenter (everything from live presentation to video or audio recordings).
When you consider his best-selling book, called “See You at the Top,” the estimation he influenced hundreds of millions of people becomes real and very possible. “See You at the Top” is an all-time New York Times bestseller, with over 1,707,000 copies sold. This book is a must for anyone looking for and desiring personal success.
Whilst Zig Zigler is no longer with us, Zig Ziegler’s work continues through Zigler Performance which is run by family members.
So who did Zig Zigler influence?:
- In the corporate area many large companies even Fortune 50 companies used his skills to develop the skills of their staff and workforce through sales training, corporate training, presentations skills training and personal development courses.
- He also did a lot of work with individuals who were seeking success and personal development
Listed below are some of the well-known books from Zig Zigler:
- (1975)-See You at the Top
- (1978)-Confessions Of A Happy Christian
- (1982)-Zig Ziglar’s Secrets of Closing the Sale
- (1985)-Raising Positive Kids in a Negative World
- (1986)-Top Performance: How to Develop Excellence in Yourself and Others
- (1994)-Over the Top
- (1998)-Success for Dummies
- (2001)-Network Marketing For Dummies
- (2003)-Selling 101: What Every Successful Sales Professional Needs to Know
- (2004)-Confessions of a Grieving Christian
- (2004)-The Autobiography of Zig Ziglar
- (2006)-Better Than Good: Creating a Life You Can’t Wait to Live
- (2009)-Embrace the Struggle: Living Life on Life’s Terms
- (2012)-Born to Win: Find Your Success Code